UFC is ready to make its return from a near two-month break on Saturday night with its PPV offering of UF 249. Amid the coronavirus pandemic, UFC president Dana White has been adamant that his sport would be the first to return to action, and will do just that with 12 fights scheduled to go down in an empty arena in Jacksonville, Florida on Saturday night.
UFC 249 Live Stream Here
Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje will headline this event in front of an empty VyStar Memorial Arena with the interim lightweight title on the line. Ferguson was originally scheduled to take on full champ Khabib Nurmagomedov, but “The Eagle” returned to Russia amid the pandemic and is unable to travel back to the U.S.
In addition to Ferguson vs. Gaethje, a second title bout headlines the marquee as bantamweight champ Henry Cejudo takes on former titleholder Dominick Cruz in his first bout in over three years. Cejudo was originally scheduled to take on Jose Aldo in Brazil in his first action since undergoing shoulder surgery last year. But with many travel restrictions in place and UFC moving the event from Brazil to the U.S., the bout was canceled.
This gigantic event will kick off a three-card stretch over eight days for UFC, all at the VyStar Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida. Anthony Smith vs. Glover Teixeira headlines a Fight Night event on Wednesday night while Walt Harris and Alistair Overeem headline another on Saturday, May 16, as UFC looks to make up for lost time over the next few weeks.
The action all goes down on Saturday, May 9 and will air on ESPN+ pay-per-view for the price of $64.99 for subscribers. You can Watch Free Live Stream Here
The card as it currently stands is as follows:
UFC 249 fight card
- Tony Ferguson -190 vs. Justin Gaethje +160 — Interim lightweight title
- Henry Cejudo (c) -220 vs. Dominick Cruz +180 — bantamweight title
- Francis Ngannou -280 vs. Jair Rozenstruik +230 — Heavyweights
- Calvin Kattar -240 vs. Jeremy Stephens +200 — Featherweights
- Greg Hardy -195 vs. Yorgan De Castro +165 — Heavyweights
- Anthony Pettis -150 vs. Donald Cerrone +125 — Welterweights
- Vicente Luque -280 vs. Niko Price +230 — Welterweights
- Fabricio Werdum -330 vs. Aleksei Oleinik +260 — Heavyweights
- Ronaldo Souza -125 vs. Uriah Hall +105 — Middleweights
- Carla Esparza -160 vs. Michelle Waterson +140 — Women’s strawweights
- Bryce Mitchell -165 vs. Charles Rosa +155 — Featherweights
- Ryan Spann -420 vs. Sam Alvey +330 — Light heavyweights